Saturday, November 29, 2014

Technology Summit, and Last Programmer Standing

I've been very busy again on the past few days since I need to study harrddd.
No time for internet anymore due to time management that I did since last week!


Anyway, here were the things happened on Technology Summit last (November 24-28)

( I only got the first day since I'm so very busy though :( )


a head artist named Jana is making a sprite for the game of our another member


Later on, when my class has been finished, I visited the booth with my classmate (w/c is my orgmate as well) and look around of what happened there.





the booth looks like this. Well, I can't re-design it since I have no time for making props for our booth!
Too bad :(
===

Then last Tuesday, after my class (which is until 9am only), I went home again to sleep then go again here at DLSU.

For what?

I'll participate in Last Programmer Standing which it will be held by 6pm-8pm!!

So, I went at Henry Sy Library to read any books, and review for my upcoming exam while waiting for the contest~



I just realized that I love books which are academic
Because honestly, I don't read books which are fictional. I find it boring :(


Later on, the contest will be soon open~ and my partner (which is Jana aka Head Artist of our org) and I are waiting to start the program.

She's tired though since she's here since morning till now with no breaks. She didn't eat much :( but she really wanted to join that's why she stayed up here a little more!

Jana codes in Java for her task on their subject
Wow, there are many people who'll participate also!

Well, we'll use C for my compatibility(?) haha xD



Then the contest has been started!!

Finally, we managed to survived atleast on this!

Jana's laptop with the questionnaire and food/drinks that we drank/ate. 
Basically, all you have to do is not to distract on what the hosts are doing to you. Every 5 mins, they'll give something to your team, a drink or a food for you to be distracted. AND YES, WE WERE REALLY DISTRACTED ON WHAT THEY DID HAHA. One of your pair should eat or else you can't proceed on what you'll do next

I forgot what they were giving to us though, but what I remember is that they give us slices of ampalaya twice and the other teams were debating who'll eat on their group. Too funny, 'cause I just ate it very quickly and didn't complain since we're eating it whenever I'm at home.

she's shy though ahaha, but look at that paper that she wrote for analyzing xD
I thought the contest is over. Yes, it is over but, I didn't expect that they'll give us certificate to each one of us who participate on this!

host giving certificate to each one of us
Later on, I got mine, and I can't believe that we've made it this far!


After that I went on our orgroom after weeks of not going there. Finally, I went back!
They were very shocked that we've made that so far even though we were just "participated". Well no one won actually, it's for fun. Atleast we joined, right? xD

Later on, I rushed out already going out the campus since the train will be closed soon!

(pictures were blurry since it's already night and I'm walking very fast)



But I can't resist to see what happened on our booth.



Well, it's still the same haha.

So when I got home, I show it on my parents and they were very proud of it!


It's my first time joining on these kinds of contests since I'm very not confident of what I have when it comes to academics. (Because I didn't grown up to focus on studies anyway since I'm already working when I was a child, so education was just the last priority for me.)

Well, I'll try to join more contests later on!~

-kuruchi~

No comments:

Post a Comment